INTERLACE GRANT FUND: INTERLACE EMERGENCY GRANTS
Interlace Emergency Grants are intended to mitigate the harmful effects of emergency situations and crises. These grants are meant to function as small interventions and expressions of support and solidarity with local visual artists. Emergency Grants are open to self-identifying visual artists whose primary residence is within a 10-mile radius of Providence and in the state of Rhode Island. From September 2023 through April 2024, a total of $1250 per month will be distributed monthly in grants of $100 - $500. If applicants do not receive funding, they may re-apply. If applicants do receive funding but the amount is less than $500, they may re-apply as long as they do not receive more than $500 total during the grant period (September 2023 through April 2024).
Next Deadline: October 7, 2023 at 11:59pm
- applicants must currently live within a 10-mile radius of Providence and in the state of Rhode Island
- applicants must have resided in the Providence area of the state of Rhode Island for at least one year, and be a resident upon receipt of grant funding
- applicants must be a practicing visual artist
- applicants must be 18+
- applicants cannot be enrolled in a degree-granting program
- applicants must be able to receive a check in their legal name, if awarded funds
- If applicants do not receive funding, they may re-apply. If applicants do receive funding but the amount is less than $500, they may re-apply as long as they do not receive more than $500 total during the grant period (current cycle: September 2023 through April 2024)
In the spirit of generosity and compassion for fellow visual artists, applicants are encouraged to apply using the honor system: if you do not need this grant to mitigate the effects of an emergency situation, please consider forgoing an application to increase the chances for whom these grants would be most beneficial. Grantees will be notified by the 21st of each month.
For more information please visit https://www.interlacefund.org/relief-grants